Experience a reimagining of the final chapter of Wagner's epic Ring cycle in the Chicago premiere of Twilight: Gods. From the safety of your own vehicle, you'll be immersed in a series of live performances, videos, and installations brought to life by singers, small instrumental groups, and actors as you drive through the parking garage. With new English texts written by Yuval Sharon and poetic transitions written and performed by Chicago interdisciplinary artist avery r. young, each of the discrete scenes is linked together and recontextualized, making this story unique to its time and place.
Dates and purchase details for three performances in April 2021 will be announced in early 2021.
- Concept, direction, and English translation by: Yuval Sharon
- Production Design: PXT Studios (Jason Thompson and Kaitlyn Pietras)
- Sound Artist: Lewis Pesacov
- Musical Arrangement: Ed Windels
- With new narrative poetry by: avery r. young
Twilight: Gods is a project of Lyric Unlimited and is generously sponsored by
Twilight: Gods is a project of Lyric Unlimited-Learning and Creative Engagement conceived in partnership with Michigan Opera Theatre.